First, the characteristics are different:
1. PVC-U pipe, also known as hard polyvinyl chloride pipe, pvc-u pipe, is a kind of strong corrosion resistance, corrosion resistance of acid, alkali, salt and oil, light weight, certain mechanical strength, good hydraulic conditions, and easy installation , But easy to aging, high temperature resistance, but can not withstand impact, suitable for domestic water system, pipe fittings below DN50 are connected, and DN65 and above are connected by relatively circle.
2. PVC pipe, also known as rigid polyvinyl chloride pipe, is a new type of drainage pipe which is extruded by an extruder at one time, with smooth inner wall and vertical reinforcement ribs on the outer wall. It is suitable for the drainage system of the residential area. ”Type rubber ring interface.
Second, the design and selection angles are different:
1. PVC is mainly used for building water supply and drainage, light weight, durable, beautiful color, bright and smooth, aging resistance, long service life, excellent physical and chemical properties, chemical corrosion resistance, and high impact strength.
2. UPVC pipe has poor frost resistance and heat resistance. It has good anti-drying performance, strong corrosion resistance, low fluid resistance, high mechanical strength, sanitary and non-toxic, and good water tightness. PVC pipe is suitable for wire pipes and sewage pipes. , And installation of large overhead pipelines with little strength requirements, such as cooling towers in power plants.
Third, the construction uses are different:
1. PVC pipe means polyvinyl chloride. It is generally of poor quality, insufficient hardness, and easy to age. It is mainly used for building water supply and drainage, pre-embedded line pipes, and the main construction method is hot melt, glued, and difficult to construct in winter.
2. UPVC pipe means Stearic Polyvinyl Chloride, with good quality, suitable for industrial sewage, food grade ultrapure water, reverse osmosis and other water treatment equipment, electroplating equipment, etc., with a wide range of applications. UPVC is also used in building water supply and drainage, sewage pipes, and can replace ordinary cast iron pipes and galvanized pipes. It is easy to install and can be installed with flanges and corresponding kits. There is no limitation in construction.
Fourth, the difference of plasticizers:
In the PVC production process, in order to increase the plasticization performance of PVC and improve production efficiency, plasticizers (such as DOP, DBP, DINP, etc.) will be added, and the PVC products with plasticizers will be softer. Generally, we refer to PVC products without plasticizers added during processing as UPVC, or PVC-U.
Fifth, the difference in heat resistance:
UPVC pipe has poor heat resistance, and its tensile strength decreases above 60°C (suitable for continuous discharge temperature not exceeding 40°C and instantaneous discharge temperature not exceeding 80°C for domestic sewage). PVC pipes are only suitable for water supply systems whose conveying temperature does not exceed 45℃.
Guest contributors are welcome at the Alloy Wiki.It is a weekly wiki and guide on alloy information and processing technology, while also about the vast array of opportunities that are present in manufacturing. Our team of writers consists of a Machining Material Supplier / Machinist / Tool and Die Maker, a Biomedical Engineer / Product Development Engineer, a Job Development Coordinator / Adjunct Professor, and a President and CEO of a manufacturing facility.