Lattice has expanded its Crosslink-NX family with FPGAs specified for automotive applications such as ADAS and IVIsystems.
Lattice CrossLink-NX FPGAs support embedded MIPI D-PHY interfaces with speeds up to 10 Gbps.
Key features of CrossLink-NX FPGAs for automotive applications include:
- Automotive certification and high reliability – AEC-Q100 qualification up to Grade 2 (TA = 105° C) and a Soft Error Rate (SER) up to 100 times lower than similar competing FPGAs make CrossLink-NX FPGAs a compelling choice for mission-critical applications that must operate safely and reliably in challenging environments.
· Low power operation – Built on the Lattice Nexus™ FPGA platform, which leverages an FD-SOI manufacturing process and FPGA architectural innovations to boost power efficiency, CrossLink-NX FPGAs deliver up to 75 percent lower power consumption in comparison to similar competing FPGAs. This low power consumption provides extra thermal headroom for ADAS and IVI applications running at higher temperatures.
- Best-in-class performance – CrossLink-NX FPGAs deliver enhanced performance enabled by three key elements:
- Fast I/O support – CrossLink-NX FPGAs are well-suited for embedded vision applications thanks to support for multiple fast I/Os, including MIPI, PCIe (5 Gbps Gen 2), and DDR3 memory.
- Instant-on performance – to better support applications like automotive displays where a long system boot time is unacceptable, CrossLink-NX FPGAs enable ultra-fast I/O configuration in 3 ms and total device configuration in less than 15 m
- High memory-to-logic ratio – CrossLink-NX FPGAs efficiently process image data using 170 bits of memory per logic cell, the highest memory-to-logic ratio in its class.
· Small form factor – CrossLink-NX FPGAs are up to 10 times smaller than similar competing FPGAs, making them ideal for space-constrained automotive systems that need the smallest ICs possible.
· Ease-of-use – To facilitate the design of FPGA-based systems, CrossLink-NX automotive FPGAs support the latest versions of the Lattice Radiant® (version 2.2.1) and Lattice Propel™ (version 1.1) software tools to simplify and accelerate embedded vision system design. CrossLink-NX FPGAs are also supported by the Lattice mVision™ and sensAI™ solution stacks so designers can leverage the stacks’ modular hardware platforms, reference designs, neural network IP cores, and custom design services to further accelerate automotive vision system design.